Thread: Ocrelizumab?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 10:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That's the one! We are really hoping it can slow down the progression (but of course if it puts him into remission or relieves his symptoms we won't complain!).

The evening of he felt like yuck and progressed into fever, chills, nausea, sweats etc by next AM. We feared he had picked up the flu or some infection while getting the infusion (8 am - 3pm). Of course it could have been the steroids they loaded him up with at the same time (part of prtocol to lessen side effects)

We had 2 1/2 days of "shoot me and put me out of my misery" then things started getting better. He still doesn't feel A-OK but is not actively bit**ing anymore {thank goodness, as we all know how men can be!}

The trial gos for 18 months then there is an open for the open label period. We have decided if he thinks it helps he will do the estended open label period.

I suspect this is worth mega money. They are also thinking of it as promising for MS and another auto-immune issue. The combined effort by all the companies (Genetech, Roche, etc), the way they treat him (What can we get you for lunch Mr P? Are you comfy? Thirsty? etc) coupled with the world wide trial tells me they think this is a possible goldmine in the wings. I can tell you the entry screening was tough. You had to be pretty sick/advanced and with all sorts of labs to get approved to be considered.

It's the first time we were actually getting a positive out of his disease process! ROTFL

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote