View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm not sure I can figure out how to put pics on but I'll try!

Funny thing. When we were getting estimates after the first fiasco we got estimates for drywalling only and drywalling and general carpentry which would include painting. Drywalling only would be considerably cheaper. But my husband is not one who really gets to it and finishes a job. The estimate for the drywaller is a favorite here in town and gave us a very good estimate. But we chose the general contractor. So they came in and did the carpentry work neccesary to repair the other $%^&&%%$ work and put up drywall and said the drywall finishers would call us as to what time they would be here tomorrow to start the long process of finishing. I was suprised when this guy form the favored drywall company called. today. I told him I had never signed a contract with him, and he said he was the subcontractor from our contractor! So I get the best of both worlds!

We went out to pick drapes today. Our furniture is casual, that suede look with some leather on it. So my DH picks out these very adorned almost upholstered look draperies. They looked like they were for a very formal living room, not a casula family room. So we went to Walmoart and found some that kind of resembled waht he wanted but not as formal and definetley not the same price. We just have to find a rug now! I want an accent rug and we can't find one that's about 3x6 that we like. everything is in the 3z5 range.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote