View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 11:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewizabeth View Post
Well my friend has severe anxiety and I would guess mild depression. (Can be very moody, going from highs to lows but not instantaneously.) Maybe this will do the trick?

I appreciate both of you giving me feedback on this.
Hmmm. If your friend is undiagnosed bi-polar an SSRI can cause more problems. I comment on this because you mention being moody in cycles sort of. Bi-Polar can cycle in very different cycles if that makes sense. Some people quick cycle, hours and days and others can cycle in weeks or months. Just let them know their doc may need to be made aware of the mood stuff and perhaps keep a close on their reaction to the Effexor. I sure hope that Effexor works for your friend as well as it did for me. Of course I wish that for anyone that has dealt with anxiety and/or depression. But keep in mind that Effexor, just like any other SSRI may work for some and not for others. It's often a crap-shoot finding the drug or a combination of drugs that works the way one wants them to. But it's so worth it to stick it out!

If you have other questions or anything like that feel free to contact me. Google is always a big help too.