View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 12:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

LisaM, I know the weather is for sure one of the things that is making my pain be elevated. I told a friend of mine yesterday that i could tell the weather better than the meterologist..LOL I did think the burning in my left hip at first was the RSD because my RSD started in my left foot. Then when the right one started, I just wasn't sure.

I have had RSD since 99 or the first of 2000. The only meds I take are 40 mgs of methadone 1st things in the morning, and then she just added the Cymbalta last week and I take one a day and she added Zetia 1 10mg tablet a day, and it is for my Cholesterol. My Cholesterol has been way too high for the past 15 years that I know of, and she could not believe someone had not put m on a med. She said if it was just 20-30 points higher she would just put me on a low cholesterol diet, which several have already done, but it hasn't worked, but she said mine was way too high, and I was at stroke or heart attack level. My old dr was a friend of mine and just to comfortable with me and he never did any blood work at all. I had him check my cholesterol last year and it ws sky high but he wanted to try the low cholesterol diet, and it didn't help. He never did the liver panel and the first time I saw this dr a month ago she wnted to check it and it came back high, so they did some more test and she ruled out acute viral hepatitis, and wanted to do some more test. She said it could be from the RSD, or some type of virus, she just wasn't sure, but ws more worried about the cholesterol at that time than my liver panels.

I live in Arkansas and the weather is constantly changing. One day it's 40's the next day 70's and it's like that all of the time.. it sucks..

Well any ideas? oh and the rls I don't know much about it but I do know that if I get up and walk around after a little bit my legs do feel a little better, but still hurts like crazy. this morning my right leg on the inside of upper leg started burning like crazy, so i don't know what that is but will tell my dr about it for sure..

(((HUGS))))
Janet
jcherry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote