View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Dave, You seem to be speaking about leg pain but, maybe that is just an example.

No, we don't know each other....at all. I know about MS and I know about pain. What you think are answers for pain just isn't always the case.

I have been dx'd for 22 years with symptoms going back to childhood. For the first time I understand having pain that cannot be treated. Not due to lack of trying or effort but because of where the pain is, being med sensitive to the point I have now had two meds cause suicidal ideation and other options just not practical due to the pain location.

I have been dealing with my pain now for over a year. I have tried numerous meds and combination of meds as well as MJ. I have also had numerous tests done by different doctors to make sure the pain does not have another cause, it does not. I'm done. This pain can either decide it's here to stay or leave when it's ready to. I am not in control of the pain but I am in control in how I live my life with it.

I'm not sure if I am misunderstanding but, you seem to feel pain can be treated sucessfully or at least controlled using different methods and if that is true I'm here to tell you it's not always possible.
MSDave (10-23-2008)