View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 09:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking Yahoo! Back at last!

Wow, I'm so glad Brain Talk is back up, even if just temporarily. It crashed during a time of crisis for me, so I was bummin' not being able to ask questions of the BTers. I was getting increasingly frustrated with my digestive problems. I found Laura from the Gluten Challenge website, and at least e-mailed her. I started on the SCD diet out of desperation to try to help my digestive problems, and joined a couple of SCD forums. The SCD diet made gluten-free, dairy-free, & corn-free look like a cake walk. I lost 5 pounds on that diet in about 6 weeks, and I'm not someone that needs to lose weight. I also got tested for parasites - nada.

Then, I did a food sensitivity test (IgG) through Metametrix Lab at the end of July. The results came back: moderate sensitivity to lamb, soybeans, almonds, and sesame; mild sensitivity to peanuts, cashews, and sunflower seeds. Not convinced that these sensitivities were my problem, I started eating other carbs (except for my other know sensitivities) and drank New Grist beer, in an effort to induce diarrhea. I haven't had any since I stopped eating these foods I tested sensitive for. I even ate a whole box of Pamela's chocolate chunk gluten free cookies on day (hey, I was celebrating my 40th b-day and my hubby wasn't going to bake me a gluten free cake!), with no diarrhea! I'm soooo happy to be able to eat more food and not be hungry all the time.

My doc still wants me to do a colonoscopy, but I don't want to do it if it doesn't change my treatment, i.e. leaving foods out of my diet.

Hey Al, I wish I'd know you were coming through Colorado. I live in Boulder. You're welcome to stop in anytime.

So besides starting to resolve my digestive problems, I hope, I turned 40 and my cat that I'd had for 14 years passed away, or I should say, she got carried away. She made a nice snack for the local fox. Her hearing was going, and she got nabbed one night when I didn't bring her in. All I found was a pile of fur in the neighbor's yard. Sad, but true .

Claire
diamondheart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote