View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 01:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

LisaM, Thanks so much for posting this information. When my dr put me on this last week I had told her about the severe pain in my legs, and she had mentioned another drug for lowering cholesterol but said it caused muscle aches and pains, and I already had enough of that to deal with. I guess she didn't know that Zetia caused the same thing. Maybe that's why none of the other drs put me on a cholesterol lowering drug, due to the pain I already had.

It sounds like Zetia may not be a good drug to keep on the market. You know that's what gets me about all of these meds, the side effects are worse than what you had before starting it. She did say that Zetia was usually added to another cholesterol medicine to give it an extra kick if the person cholesterol wasn't coming down, but she thought I needed it to start with because of mine being so high.. It sounds as if that may be contributing to my already tiredness, and pain. I have noticed that I have had heartburn really bad, which is something i normally don't have a problem with.

Again, thank you so much for posting this information. I will tell her about it for sure.

I am leaving pretty soon so I'll post when I get home to let you know what she said. Thanks for everything.

((((HUGS))))
Janet
jcherry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote