View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 03:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I am working too, but today is one I'm ready to give up

Hello everyone,

I am Terri. I just found your site today. I missed work yesterday. I've just been diagnosed in Sept. of 06. I've had symptoms for two years but it just got consistent in June of 06. I didn't have insurance until August.

Now that it is consistent it is relentless! it was just the balls of my feet, then my toes, then my whole feet, then up my calves, now my neck and shoulders, just last week it entered my hands. I'm really scared!

I've started using a cane because I've fallen a few times already due to the numbness in my feet. The pain is incredible, and my neurologist has me on 150 mg of (can't remember) (I don't have it with me and memory is bad today) I spent all day yesterday in bed.

If I'm not at work, I'm in bed. I don't cook, I don't clean, I don't shop, I don't go out for any reason. When I come home on Friday evening from work, my car does not move until Monday morning when I leave for work. Luckily my kids are in their early 20's and can take care of themselves.

Usually by Thursday afternoon I'm out of energy.

I work for the insurance, but I don't know how much longer I can make it.
I'm 46 now. I'm not married, and my parents are both passed away. No siblings that are capable of supporting me, and my kids are both living off me right now. Hmmmmmmmm

Terri
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote