Thread: hello
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 11:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sally,

There is nothing wrong with wanting to cry! Cry your eyes out! That is perfectly normal! THis disease is scary enough without feeling guilty about being human.

When I was first diagnosed, I was an emotional wreck! I cried daily, felt sorry for myself and was afraid all the time. This too shall pass. Trust me!

You will have your good days and your bad days, but eventually it will get better! Once you get your meds, you'll feel soooooooo much better and you'll forget all of this.

Once they do your testing, you'll prolly feel a whole lot better- just having a name for what is wrong can be a great start. I, for one, truly thought I was going crazy until Dr. Ibrahim diagnosed me. In fact, when I went in for my 2nd opinion with my surgeon, he said I had the most comprehensive diagnosis of MG he;d ever seen - not fun!

Hang in there! You may need to take some time off and focus on you for a while, cuz' you need to feel better!

Does your 19 yr old live near you? Maybe she can help you out until you are stronger. The truly important thing is to not overdo it! That is what caused my crisis.

I am not srong - I just do what I have to in order to take care of my fellas! They need me and I need them!

Try and get some rest
Erin

UOTE=lilsalliann;394797]erin
hi, yes i do ptosis, it started out as what i thought was bells palsey AGAIN. it turns out bells palsey doesnt happen 3 times in a row with days where you dont have it and other day s where you do. i now have my smile back most of the time. but i have ptosis in my right eye at the end of every day. and i am so weak i just want to cry.and im not a person who cries.

i am glad to hear the illness can be controlled. i just wish they would figure out whatever i have and control it soon

i do have a daughter (19) she is in college. i dont have a support group because i dont know what i have and its not always easy for me to whine toi other people even tho i feel pretty whiney these days.

i work full time but i dont think i am going to be able to continue to do that, i keep taking time off work because i really feel i just cant make it .

reading everyones post on here does give me alot of hope.!!!!!!!
there seems to be alot of strong people on here and you definiitly sound like one of them
sallyann[/QUOTE]