View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Post what do you feed this "hyper/psycho" cat?

Cats need alot of omega-3 in the diet. They also need
alot of fat and protein, with less emphasis on carbs.

The IAMs company has some good products. We found that Eukanuba for the dry is just excellent. One of our cats is allergic to corn, and does well with this instead.

I would avoid products with wheat gluten added. Some animals cannot tolerate that.

We no longer use Purina/MeowMix, or Friskies dry. We used to have horrible vet bills, and the simple switch to Eukanuba fixed the health problems. They have lovely coats, behave normally, and one is 21 yrs old now (the one we got the Eukanuba in the first place for! )

Your cat seems pretty "wild" to me. Kudos to you for putting up with him! (I wouldn't be able to do it myself, I confess).
The behavior may settle down with more good fats in the diet, since fats go to the brain.

Good luck!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (10-26-2008), suzyqz_2007 (10-23-2008)