View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 11:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for replying Catch. Migraines are, I admit, the exception to the rule. With those, all you can do is lay there and take it. Nothing seems to help at all. I've had one so I know what you are talking about there. Meditation? I don't know why, but I get nervouse for real around that term. Be that as it may, you are correct. Sometimes, the best you will get out of meds is for them to 'knock the sharp edge off. Then it is up to you to deal with. That is where..... anything I label this is going to sound flipant but..... mind over matter comes in. In my case, I have an advantage most people do not, my 20 years in the Army. There are times you have to take any pain and keep focusing on the situation at hand. That or you're going to die. So you are forced to find a way to do that. Here, I am trying to find a way to show that there IS a way to go about that, without the fear of combat as a motivator. So yeah, finding and focusing on something else, excepting the pain, deminishing it by removing the stress, all come into play and when done with belief that it can be done, then you can affect your pain levels.

MSDave

WARNING: The Surgeon General has determined that living causes death. This finding will be stamped on all new-born baby bottoms from now on.
MSDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote