View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 10:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool

Hey, ((((((Milli),

Long time-no read. You gotta get PICTURES. I want pictures!!

You're doing such a fantastic job of raising your son.

My son used to live in an old rooming house down at the beach. The place was beautiful. It used to be a hotel for wealthy beach-goers during the turn of the last century.

My son used to say that he could feel his blood pressure go down -- lower and lower -- the closer he got to home. Being closer to nature seems to calm everyone.

You know what I was just thinking?? It used to be that everything was slower and quieter. I know the one-room schools and that -- where kids got to learn from everybody. But, I went to school in the 50s. It was so different that it is now.

Everything was quieter and more fun. You used to see kids hanging around the neighborhoods and playing together. You just don't see that anymore.

And everyone is so rushed now. And so angry.

I truly think that some kids just can't cope with the noise and the hectic pace.

I'm glad that Vince discovered fishing. It'll be a resource for him when he gets older and needs to calm himself. Plus -- you're right -- it's fun. I remember fishing near the falls by the carpet factory that my Dad worked in. I still have dreams about it -- and we're talking real ancient history -- back when the moose roamed the planet with the dinosaurs

You're doing a great job, Milli. And you seem to have a real understanding of what your boy needs -- that's truly a gift.

BIG HUGS. And don't forget the pictures

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote