View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 04:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Smarter than the average bear

I've been missing for awhile - quite awhile - but I know that others, too, come and leave this forum depending upon what all is going on in their lives. When I do come back, I always get a warm fuzzy feeling seeing the names of some good friends who know me.

My life has been a whirlwind that I can't get off. The shortened version: Husband filed for divorce, oldest son got married, one child graduated from college, one to graduate in May, one went back to college, and our last one is a Sophomore in high school. The best thing that ever happened was when my husband filed for divorce. I didn't have what it takes to do it so he actually did me a favor.

I will be writing a book about my experience. It's going to be called "Smarter than the Average Bear" and will be a sci-fi thrilled with a religious bent on it. Don't ask! It WILL happen, of that I'm sure.

Believe it or not, even with the added stress, I was able to LOWER two of my medications. I was taking Mirapex (1.5 mg. 3 times a day and have cut it back to two times a day) I also cut back Artane (2 mg. 3 times a day to two times a day). The Lord is good.

Oh, for those that don't know me, I'm a 48 year old female who was diagnosed at age 43. Believe it or not, during those five years my husband never once accompanied me to a neuro appt. Needless to say, THIS FORUM is what made it all possible to continue without crumbling.

Never be afraid to ask too many questions. Post something daily (or hourly!) if it helps. Only those going through it themselves can really understand.

People will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quoted by: Maya Angelou (Reader's Digest Oct. 2006)
proudest_mama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (10-23-2008)