View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 06:30 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I'm really not sure if I've been tested for auto-immune deficiencies or not. I've had an awful lot of tests done over the past four years. When I had my bone-marrow aspiration, the hematologist told me they ran nearly forty different tests on that alone. And I've had multiple scans and procedures of just about every kind.

Wittesea...I've always heard that if you start depending on meds to get to sleep, very soon your body will become accustomed to them and they won't work anymore. Then you really get messed up because you can't sleep at all. Is that just a myth? Has the klonopin worked for you long-term? I ask because my PC suggested that med once for me, but I declined based on what I had heard about it.

Anyone who knows me knows that sleep-deprivation is a very major problem for me at times. I will occasionally go up to 72 hours without any. But I'm very cautious about drugs, because until a year ago the docs had me on so many, and I really went through a lot getting myself off them. Now all I take is one pain med, xanax, and amitriptylene to help me put on weight.

This is something that I'd really like to be able to resolve. So if anyone has any practical advice, I would sure like to hear it. And don't worry, I know that you're not all doctors. I take advice for what it is...
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote