View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 07:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

MSDave...I think I get what you are saying, I have lived with pain from a very young age, before the age of sixteen actually. I fell down thirteen steps and broke the bone that holds the spine in place. I also have chronic migraines...they hit hard and without warning...longest I've had one three weeks. Meditation will not stop a severe migraine, the pain is like someone sticking a drill in your skull and pullin out your eye socket. I take Topamax daily and I still can get one without warning...MS caused.

I also have severe pain from MS...mind over matter will only go so far, today even with pain that felt like someone was beating on my whole body...I still managed to get things done. I think it is not always mind over matter but how severe does the pain progress or just how bad is it when it starts. I can take pain med on any given day, it might work, might not...depending on how severe that pain is or becomes.

When pain jerks me out of a sound sleep after four hours and two pain pills it has not stopped...I don't play around...I go to the ER. Severe body trauma, pain included can trigger relapses according to some neuros.

Lady...I hear ya loud and clear...but don't give up ya gotta stick around...I have a high pain tolerance, my friend's is very low. She dropped a book on her foot, I thought she broke it she was in tears. She does not have any chronic illness, fibro nothing...just can't take pain.

The main thing I do...keep faith, humor and diginity...I can't change it, I can live with it and I will not stop living just because I have MS. However, I am considered to have a warped sense of humor or just mostly warped by friends and family.

Did I get what you are saying that nothing will completely stop the pain so we need to focus on other things rather than whining? Hey, I've been saying that for several years, just not on this board. lol
Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lady_express_44 (10-24-2008)