View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 08:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Which digestive enzymes???

I am relatively new to this website, and need some direction/information from you all- I am a 53 yr. old woman, had gall bladder removed five years ago, and am 9 weeks out from a Cipro dx, from which I have residual tingling, my PCP feels it is anxiety related as well - (3 jobs, and 2 moves across the country- in the last 3 years, so-prolonged stress) and digestive issues (worse since Cipro)- I'm thinking IBS, but my PCP isn't too concerned because my blood work looks "wonderful", heartburn, stomach pain and some GERD. Meds include compounded est., prog., test. and Xanax 2.5 for anxiety and sleep. Supplements include 3-6-9, Vitamin E(Solgar 400 IU with lots of D's, chelated calcium/magnesium, B-12 Methyl 1000 mcg day, B complex 100mg a day, Good Belly probiotics, and vitamin C every now and then. I want to stay away from Prilosec and other acid blocking agents. I recall reading something about digestive enzymes, but know there are different formulations- how do you know which ones to buy? Falling apart after 50? Any suggestions, insight, or information about putting the pieces back together again would be truly appreciated! Thank you!
judymoody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote