Thread: Hello*)!
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 09:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol~*~ View Post
hi...just wanted to say I was where you are at now. I also have essential tremor which started in my hands, right worse than left and then moved into my head and neck. It was misdiagnosed as anxiety for about 7 years, then I was treated with multiple medications over the next 10 years. When the medications quit working, I was referred to a neurosurgeon that performed DBS surgery and guess what? It was very successful!! I am able to do alot of things I haven't been able to do in years. I feel like a new person. I just want to say, don't give up and find a good neurologist to handle this disorder, ask questions, try all the meds first. There is hope.
That is terribly long and very frustrating ordeal to know you're misdiagnosed after 7 long years!
I suggested in various health sites to tap into the power of the internet.
I was suggesting (long-term suggestion) a website which allows the patient to key in the symptoms (the patient knows best), the computer will then generate possible diagnoses, print them out, present it to your doctor who will then make a final diagnosis.
That should limit the trial and error stage and the frustration of both doctor and patient.
I thought of this idea since right now, I'm not exactly sure what I'm suffering from after my accident last 6Sep03. The neurologist then termed it as Myoclonus or more specifically, Lance-Adam's Syndrome, but when I read about the symptoms, they don't appear to match mine.
pian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote