View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 10:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoy View Post
This is my first thread. A bit about me:

I am 26 years old. About 2 months ago, I suffered from a stomach bug, ... I banged my head quite hard, and about a week later, after stomach bug had cleared, I was diagnosed with PCS. I was having the usual problems: headaches, diziness, lack of concentration, mood swing, lack of sleep... and for some reason, lack of appetite!!!
''''
Has anyone else been able to return to full contact sports after suffering from PCS? If so, has it caused any further problems for you?

Thanks for any help. This is a great online community you guys have here!!!
Hi there and welcome. I am 11 months post concussion and almost back to 100% with my physical activity. What I want to tell you though, is that it probably would have been a lot sooner had I taken things on in very gradual increments. Instead, I'd start to feel better and then go for it. Of course, I'd end up back at square 1. And I did this repetitively...over and over thinking that the NEXT time it would be okay. So, I finally had a physiotherapist with experience in brain injury help me to develop a workout program and I'm doing well. I don't do contact sports mind you, but it is high level volleyball, so lots of jumping, hitting, going to the ground.

Take it slow and easy would be my advice and get checked out before you restart your martial arts.

MargN
MargN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote