View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 07:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I haven't had the RF done yet but it is scheduled for next month. My doctor told me that following the the procedure, the pain can get worse for up to a month before any improvement is felt. The first round of facet injections set off my occipital neuralgia, making it worse than it already is. Now, each time he works on the facet joints, he'll be giving me an occipital block to try to avoid aggravating that nerve. He also prescribed muscle relaxers to see if they will help the ON as well. He won't be doing RF on the ON until after the facet's are done as he is doing four levels and that is too much at one time. We're both hoping that the facet RF will help the ON. You should call your doctor and discuss it with him. Also, the facet injections I underwent were diagnostic and to see if I'd be a good candidate for RF. I have noticed that the repeated steroid injections have calmed the inflamation and that I'm getting better relief, but it's not a given that you'll get extended pain relief with them.

I hope this makes sense. Take care, Ellena
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote