View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 08:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

terri,

welcome back..

i know exactly where you are comin from and the difficulty of transition can bring your stress level through the roof at times. i am also going through a divorce after 10 years of no support as well as emotional, mental.. and finally physical abuse. believe me.. as the clock ticks, each moment without the stress of having him around makes the stress of the divorce more viable.

you will begin discovering who you are again. you will find empowerment with each step you take towards independency. you will rekindle flames of desire towards things that are important to you that had to be snuffed out because it didnt matter.. now, you can be you. and mdear, that makes the divorce so worthwhile.

life is too short to spend it with a person who doesnt care about our needs. the desires we have must be appreciated and respected and we must be able to feel comfortable in sharing them with our partner without feeling they wont be taken seriously. what we live with daily is serious, and we cannot bury our heads in the sand to get away from it. unfortunatly, many times the person we are married to cannot handle the reality of pd, and thats what they end up doing.

each day you will find a little more of who you are, your strength and resolve will begin returning, and less stress will be on your plate. give yourself time. it is the best healer there is.

it is important to have as much support as you can find during this transition. this is a good place to get it..

and never, ever...give up on hope