View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 12:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistiis View Post
Does anyone here use NADH, and if so, does it have any real value? Have you noticed an increase in energy when using it? Any experience would be appreciated. I won't buy it without someone else's experience.

I recall when I took Biiology, that I asked the professor this very question and he said that it would likely help with energy. I recall seeing it at the health food store and it is expensive. I would double check dosages.

From the Life Extension website www.lef.org

NADH
NADH (a form of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) is a coenzyme that assists enzymes involved in energy production within mitochondria. NADH plays an important role in the generation of ATP, the body's energy currency, and has been found to be deficient in several age-related degenerative diseases. Uncontrolled studies in Europe have found NADH beneficial for patients suffering from Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, and depression (Birkmayer, et al, 1990). NADH also is needed for the regeneration of glutathione after it becomes oxidized (Sies and Stahl, 1995; Kehrer and Lund, 1994). If NADH levels are depleted, glutathione levels also may fall. Thus, supplementation with NADH also may help restore glutathione to its active form.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jaspar (10-24-2008), mistiis (10-24-2008)