View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 03:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default another hobby and too little time

John, I am involved in MR as well. Picked up a Digitrack Zepher and before the dollar (C$) dropped a Lionel HO Union Pacific Turbine to experiment with. My plan is to create an around the room modular shelf layout but am busy with scanning family history, converting old video tapes to DVD, digitizing slides, learning to use the new toys etc. Think I will try virtual - what happened to the MS version?

Can your layout be viewed by others?

Off to sell an aquarium setup - one less hobby and a lot of stuff.

take care ,,, ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcitron View Post
I've taken photos too, but their nothing for us to shake at stick at. My real hobby is model railroading which is now virtual because I was dropping too many small parts and the locomotives cost way too much to end up on the floor.

My virtual model railroad is done with Trainz2006 see www.auran.com.
The route is over 120 miles long counting the branchlines and is mostly landscaped. When I'm not using the Surveyor module to put down buildings, water, factories, track and trees, I'm in the Driver module driving and riding along my route. It's quite a treat to see the landscape float by while sitting in a passenger car, or driving a small local freight while the computer is driving the passenger special on the nearby mainline. This is totally addictive at $29.00 plus $20.00 per year for fast download speed. The program is addicting.

John
KC Tower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote