View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 08:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Depression with Anti-Depression?????

Lisa,
I feel for ya believe me! I live in PA and the freakin' weather is changing up and down like crazy and driving me nuts too. I am on a low dose of Zoloft and it has helped me alot in the past. I was sitting here day after day just crying at least three times a day. RSD and everything it does to every aspect of your life is depressing. I went into the doctor and told him I needed anti-depressants before I lost it. I have been on 12 mg for about a year or so now and it does work. However, I have noticed before my period is due I get REALLY more depressed and cry alot or if the weather is really bad. I think you are NOT a failure...you are my hero because you can go out to work all day;.> You are truly amazing to me. RSD affects EVERY part of your life. I have lost my entire family in the past 21 months with this full body RSD. My father died unexpectedly in March 06 and my older sister called me up and asked me not to bring my wheelchair because it would upset my mother!!! Can you imagine how hurt I was? I told her mommy is already upset and I really don't think she cares about anything right now except my father. I am sure you understand. I have used crutches for almost two years now and have the wheelchair for walking long distances. My family has denied everythng that has happened to me and isolated my son and I [he's 17 years old]. My son has even noticed it in the last year or so and brings it to my attention. I just tell him that our family consists of him,me, our cat, and our fish and no one else. Last month, my oldest nephew was married and I showed up with my crutches and in my wheelchair with my son cruising me all over [He is such a great son]. Everyone had to sit and watch all the pain I go through each day and I think then they realized what each day is like for me...hell! I have noticed in the last few weeks they seem more sympathetic towards my pain. FINALLY!!! So, take alot of time for yourself and do the little things in life like sit and watch the birds fly by, or watch the sunset but it sounds like work is too much for you and you really need to rest. I do understand how isolated you feel because I am the same way. I have been in bed for 21 months now and I kind of got used to it. My bed is like my tech center now. Everything revolves around it. I wish you the best of luck and vent to us here. We all have been in the same situation and if we help each other out we will all get through it together!!
Take care,
Kathy d.
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote