View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 08:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Kathy

I am sorry you have had such a hard time..... how long have you had RSD? Will your dr prescribe ketamine? I have been on it for just over a year and it has made a real difference to me. (Ok. being honest not a magic difference, but it has worked far better than any other pain killer...... even MST 360 and fentanyl etc etc didn't work for it but the pain can hit as low as 8/9 sometimes with the ketamine. If you have any qs feel about ketamine feel free to PM me.

I also have full body RSD - but it was an accident to my right wrist. I can identify with being unable to do stupid things like cook - due to secondary dystonia I have almost no movement at all (currently 1 finger, 30 degrees in my wrists, a small amount in shoulders and back and my jaw will open half way) so I have to have carers and all that stupid stuff.... but I'm in uni now (I'm 20...oops no.. I'm 21 ! a grown up now. hahaha).

I sometimes feel like a barometer and unfortunatly decided to go to uni in the coldest, wettest campus in the country (I live in the UK). Like you cold really exarberates my symptoms!

Things will get better - even if the pain doesn't you can learn how to live with it, actually thats wrong, you learn to survive daily with it and life continues - that's what I've learnt. When I first got diagnosed I never imagined I'd be able to manage a full time course at college, be able to drive (adapted car), etc etc.... but with help (carers/ assistive technology) there is not much I can't participate in to some degree... the frustration is the worst though - Leah (my current live in) was having a bath and I needed my meds and it was like - I can see the bottle, I can see the syringe.... but I can't move. Almost SCREAMING with frustration by the time she arrived.

Take care

Rosie xxx

PS isn't osteopenia the condition before it is upgraded to osteoporosis? i could be totally wrong?