Thread: Numb Chin
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 07:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Numb Chin

Greetings from Down Under in Australia. I am new to the site and am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what may be causing my weird symptoms. I am a 52 year old female, mostly healthy with controlled high blood pressure. For about a month now, I have had a numb chin and jaw line on the left side of my face. There is no change in movement or muscles of the face but it feels numb when i touch the area. I have been checked by my dentist and had a scan of the neck area which was clear. Today it feels like the numbness is also covering my ear and the ear is hot and a bit red but that could be from me feeling it all the time. I dont think my hearing is affected but it does feel a bit blocked. I also have a sore to touch area on my upper left eye tooth above the tooth sort of under the gum and close to my nose , so I guess it's almost a sinus area. This may or not be related but just though I would mention it. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I feel like a hyperchondriac but it just doesn't go away. There is no pain at all. Thanks Tory
Tory is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote