Thread: Hello*)!
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 08:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol~*~ View Post
hi...just wanted to say I was where you are at now. I also have essential tremor which started in my hands, right worse than left and then moved into my head and neck. It was misdiagnosed as anxiety for about 7 years, then I was treated with multiple medications over the next 10 years. When the medications quit working, I was referred to a neurosurgeon that performed DBS surgery and guess what? It was very successful!! I am able to do alot of things I haven't been able to do in years. I feel like a new person. I just want to say, don't give up and find a good neurologist to handle this disorder, ask questions, try all the meds first. There is hope.
This is the health site where I posted that suggestion. This site would be the busiest I've encountered so far.

Someone commented I was the only one to make that suggestion, which gives the impression there's not much demand for this, that the current set-up is already fine.
I think they have that impression as not many patients complain or make those kinds of suggestions.
But when they get to hear many patients making similar suggestions or complaints, then my suggestion could get somewhere.

Last edited by Curious; 10-25-2008 at 08:19 AM. Reason: per nt guidelines re links to other forums
pian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote