View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 10:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

There is a definite need for people to do the job that you do Mark. I agree with that. In fact my husband would love to do that exact job. And we do know a young man who does do this also.

But Rosie sometimes those people who stand up & walk out of a disabled space really are disabled. They may not appear to be so, but then again they just might be. I know cause I was one of them back from 1991 to 1997. I had a headache from "HELL" every day, hour, minute & second of my life from a severe whiplash injury. The car accident happened on July 6,1991 & the headache stayed until approximately July 1997. Most days I spent in bed with an ice bag. Not one damn pain medicine out there worked on that headache except for Toradol injections, which is an anti-inflammatory med. I could even go to the ER & have a double dose of Neubain, enuf my doctor said to knock an elephant out. Well it didn't do that. I use to give myself Toradol injections at home. It never got rid of that headache but it did dilute the pain to tolerable. During this time I battled Fibromyalgia (I still do). I was able to go to the store with my hubby sometimes. I had to quit driving due to pain etc. When I went to a store or anywhere I could stand up & walk into the store. But we did park in disabled spaces. Walking far was not always easy due to dizziness so the shorter the distance I had to walk the better. The only sign that something was wrong with me was that the left side of my face was swollen & discolored, but you could only see that if you were very close to me. It wasn't grossly swollen. And the fact that my face did show I was in pain. But my head hurt so bad I could barely see. So you just never know. And also, people with Fibromyalgia or Chonic Fatigue hurt all over like a bruise, every muscle hurts even the muscles between your finger joints, & the less far to walk into a store the better, plus you fight exhaustion similar to what we face having RSD. And like me, I have Fibromyalgia, Sjogren's (my joints hurt alot) & RSD in both feet. And sometimes I can walk, sometimes I can't. I can walk into a store sometimes when my hubby lets me off & yes I have to use a cane or crutches, but I head for the store carts & if none are there my hubby brings in my chair or scooter, which ever one is in the car at that time. So don't judge people just because they can walk into a store. And please I am not saying any of this in anger or in anyway meanly (LOL is that a word even?? LOL) to you cause to be honest until I was in that specific circumstance I thought exactly the same way. We sometimes judge without knowing all the facts. I try hard not to do that now, but I don't always succeed either *S*. Oh & yes I did have people make rude comments about where we parked. I knew I deserved a disabled parking plate for my car. For along time I had the placard, & if I felt well enough I didn't use it. Besides I never have had a doctor who would have given me the form to have disabled placards or plate.

Take care & you hang in there ok?? You certainly have a full plate & should be very proud of yourself. Not many young people would be where you are having RSD as severely as you do. You Go Girl!!! And You Rock Girl!!!

And if this makes no sense at all *LOL* ignore it *LOL* I am pretty tired this evening...........boy am I........

DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote