View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb well...

People are all different.

I tend to get headaches from green tea too, but this supplement doesn't do that, for some reason. Maybe because I only take 1 instead of two? That left neck throbbing thing..not a real headache. Sometimes I get it and others not. <shrugs>

When I started r-lipoic acid, it was so strong I had to take only 50mg a day. After about 2 weeks I got used to it, and now take 100mg in the morning, with my empty stomach meds.

I don't know why it would lend to blurred vision? The only thing I noticed was more energy and less muscle fatigue (which I think was my insulin resistance acting up). I do get blurred vision sometimes when I eat in restaurants. So does my son, as we are both severely nearsighted. We figured it out... ACCENT or MSG in foods was the culprit! We get this blurring at Chili's esp! But some restaurant soups are totally laced with MSG too.

Mistis--- for ATP I always thought l-carnitine (acetyl-carnitine which is better) and CoQ-10 were the best to use.
More on Carnitine/CoQ-10:
http://books.google.com/books?id=4Tf...sult#PPA155,M1

Also Juvenon, from Dr. Ames...has Biotin in it.

You might want to read his site.
http://juvenon.com/product/qa.htm#4
I found that I could take these less expensively separately,
but his website is totally wonderful for learning.

Dr. Ames is a very gifted biochemist, so read his biography there. I always refer people to his work. I consider him a true pioneer and he is brilliant.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mistiis (10-27-2008)