View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Thumper It's never easy to hear that you have a disease. But, if you've been in limbo at least you know what it is and you can deal with that.

I am the world's biggest needle weenie and I was really nervous about having to give myself shots everyday. I started out on Copaxone, too. A nurse comes to your home and teaches you how to do it and it's amazingly easy. The needle is so tiny that I didn't even feel it the first time I did it (with the auto inject). I had to check and make sure I had done it correctly! So don't stress over that...it's very easy to learn. I did have to deal with some injection site reactions (welts and bumps) but the nurse can tell you how to treat that if you do happen to have them.

You can be proactive about this now and that's a huge plus. I was dx pretty quickly after I went to the doctor so I didn't have to spend alot of time in limbo. But not knowing what's wrong is still scary nonetheless.

You'll do fine....sounds like you have a good Neuro on your side. Don't worry about what hasn't happened yet. Concentrate on the here and now and I'm sure you will feel much better by Christmas!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FranksAngel (11-01-2008), SallyC (10-26-2008), Thumper2 (11-03-2008), weegot5kiz (10-25-2008)