View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 06:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thumper...I'm sorry and glad for you at the same time. All of us with a diagnosis have been there...it is a relief and that very uncertainty of the future all in one.

I remember when my neuro at the time told me...then he said, you will probably be in a wheelchair within x amount of years. I said, not without kicking, clawing, screaming and digging in with both heels. I've stuck to that...yes, my MS has gotten worse over time, but I still do walk...not as sexy or elegantly as I once did. lol

Oh yeah and the kicking clawing thing...I've been doing that since the age of two.

I thought of it this way...getting the dx did not make a difference in what I was feeling or how I felt. I had two choices to accept it and live my life or give up...I accepted it, I live my life the best I can on any given day...and I'm thankful for each day.

Some days I do remember things I once did that has nothing to do with the age I am now...its the MS saying...your brain says ok, lets do this...but the body says...oh yeah silly, watch me do this!! lol
Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FranksAngel (11-01-2008), SallyC (10-26-2008), Thumper2 (11-03-2008)