View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 08:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Spirtual Humanism is a set of beliefs not based on any diety. Spiritual Humanist believe that everyone is basically good and you should respect and treat each other well, No miricles, trust science, Do good and good will come to you.

That's the overview. Google Spiritual Humanism for the details.I became involved when I was asked to perform my son's wedding. I shopped for an online clergy certificate. When I found SH I became interested. Brought up Catholic by non practising parents I never bought into the father, son and holy ghost thing and all the guilt, confession and pennance.

I tried to find my way with Budda, but the focus on denial and sacrifice of the self didn't work for me, I found a way to get in touch with my spirituality through transcendental meditation and that helped me focus on part of my quest but it still didn't have a name or set of beliefs I could embrace. When I read about SH I found it was the most clear definition of what I had always held to be true and important.

I know it's not for everyone but I felt comfort in finding a group to connect with.
bombi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote