View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 09:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Punk D!! Congratulations on having the courage to admit you have a problem and reaching out for help...this is wonderful and this is the start.
I did not go to my doctor for his help when I quit drinking. I wish I had of. He wished I had of. I went thru weeks of withdrawl and should have been medically supervised as I drank daily..40 oz tequila..my kids thought I was dead a few times and I did not know if I would survive at times as I was so ill. Ended up my liver was so swollen still after 6 months of sobriety!!
I think you should definitely see a doc....lay it all our for him...even your fears about your meds.....doctors can help. You have other serious health issues and that makes a docs help even more important.
There are lots of AA meetings and other support groups to attend....the sooner the better. I find that the support of others who really do understand me is a tremendous help!
You are about to do something that will be one of the biggest things you ever do....get support for yourself...including coming here. The journey is so worth it Punk D!!! My life is wonderful....I still have problems but I am able to deal with them. My drinking went out of control and I crossed a line when I found out my daughter had been sexually abused by her step dad...over a period of 2 years. She was only 5 at the time. The impact it had on me was undescribable...unbeleivably painful and I drank my way through it or rather around it! I pretty much forgot about what my daughter was going thru and focused on myself.....I had to deal with it all later anyway and I did. Enough rambling from me.....I am sincerely glad that you are here and that you are ready to change your life. I promise you, you will not regret it!!! Remember....1 day at a time...it makes it easier. Special hugs for you! Take Care

LOVE DORRIE!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
GladysD (10-26-2008)