View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 12:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

((((((Wishful)))))),

I'm so sorry you had a bad day. You're right -- you do need to listen to your body. I used to call those "mental health" days. When you're in the midst of therapy, sometimes life gets in the way. You really do have to take a break and slow down sometimes.

I hope you were able to take a nice warm bath tonight and lay down with a good book or movie and get your body into a more relaxed state.

The only one that's gonna really take care of us the way that we need is our SELF. We really need to listen to those cues from the body that you're too tired or too sick or too overwhelmed. Those messages come to you for a reason.

Your therapist should stay with you until you hook up with someone. Has he/she offered to do that??

I know how hard it is to start all over again with a new therapist. I can't tell you how many times I went through that. Looking back, though, each time it was because I had gone as far as I could with that individual. The Universe really does guide our steps to where we need to go next.

There's nothing wrong with crying, Wishful. Tears are nature's way of getting pain and stress out of our bodies. I know sometimes you just want to "turn off the faucet". The tears will last as long as they need to. Give yourself permission to REALLY FEEL what's happening in your heart and in your mind and in your body. All those feelings are hard to cope with when you've been used to hiding your feelings or freezing yourself or numbing yourself. I know from experience, though, it's better TO FEEL than to be numb. Even pain and heartache and loss is better than the coldness of being numb or frozen.

Keep talking, sugar. And keep on coping. You've come a long way. You'll get to where you want to be before you know it. BIG HUGS.

Barb

Last edited by moose53; 11-18-2006 at 03:58 PM.
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote