View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 11:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I used to give tramadol to my old dogs, 70 pound dogs with painful hips and found it to be excellent fast, acting pain, relief. My drugs ( given to the dogs) were less expensive than the vets as my co=pay was ten dollars. Luckily my doc believed me when i told him why i was running low on my prescription.That said often the dogs would get agitated and anxious from tramadol, it work best for her before bedtime and early am.
For me Tramadol may be the sole cause of my neuropathy because only after i finally went through withdrawal and stopped using it did I begin to notice a MAJOR decrease is PN symptoms and pain. Going through withdrawal was bad in the sense that I felt so sick, exhausted ,could not work and I did not know it was from withdrawal . I had been using 50mg to 100 mg a day for over ten years although i would often go without tramadol for several days.
If I take as little as 25mg now my feet begin to tingle.
I'd say I'm 80% better since stopping tramadol and now not taking any pain meds, not even lidocane patch.
However am occasionally taking Ritilin for low energy and fatigue, one pill a day is all I need to function . It does give me bad dreams.
savannah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote