View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 12:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

((((((Junie)))))),

Good job on the weight loss

My pain management doctor was actually the director of the pain management center. He was a total @$$ until I had my primary care physician intervene. She was the director of the women's health center.

I think a lot of doctors devalue women and ignore what they say. I actually went to a doctor once and told him I couldn't take a particular drug because it didn't agree with me. He actually took his pen and crossed out the label and said "there, you can take it now". Needless to say, I never went back to that guy

I think that a conversation really needs to be had between the patient and the devaluing doctor. If that can't be done, someone to step in -- like your husband did, like my doctor did might very well help. If it doesn't continue to help, I would HAVE THE CONVERSATION -- either you treat me with respect or I'm gone.

We pay these people to take care of us. If I were paying someone to clean my house and they weren't cleaning what I wanted them to clean, I would fire their @$$. Same thing with an arrogant doctor -- work with me or PINK SLIP.

It's an absolute abomination that any doctor would leave a patient in tears like you have been. I know what that feels like. When I was younger, I always figured "the doctor knew best". Now, I know **I KNOW BEST**.

Don't take any more crap. You don't have to. Hugs.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote