View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 12:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtons63 View Post
I have a cerebral aneurysm and doctors are watching and waiting as it is in a dangerous area for coiling procedure. What I want to know is if any other individuals with brain aneurysms have experienced thinking problems, like brain is not processing up to par...
Hello Newton, Just stooped in here for a bit have not been on the sites lately. Use to belong to another one BT which is no longer any help to anyone.
Yes I have had two Annie's one coiled and one clipped in 2004 both 4 mm and both to the point of rupture. I had numbing (most right side) but also both legs. I also had slur that happened once in a while that lasted anywhere from a day to two weeks,very tired always,could not remember,and felt like I had the flu for 8 months. I was working as a union painter when I felt like my nerves were on top of my skin...hot felt cold,cold felt hot on my right side and my neck hurt. That was in July 2004 so I saw my doctor who told me I may have MS (because both legs were heavy at times,and numb) anyway it turns out I had two Annie's.One was deep between the two hemispheres where they say only 5% of people get them and very hard to coil...long story short they coiled it. The one they clipped was in a Y shaped artery right in the center,so they could not coil because it would stop blood flow. A month after seeing the doctors for my last "you're fine to go" I had a stroke,when they say take things slow,rest and work back slowly they mean it. Me I was running up and down 4 flights of stairs at my son's apt. and for three day's feeling dizzy,I had no idea I was spiking my BP. Took me three years to walk and talk OK,still when I get tired I slur,my right side acts up,and I still have short term memory. So don't be like me..when they say rest,Rest!!!
Me and about 8 others from the BT site email each other everyday,we all go through the same things,but I know you'll do fine. Think positive they can fix you and if they can't,or feel unsure... get a second opinion. I live in Minn.and had two of the best Dr.Eric S. Nussbaum, Neurosurgery, Minneapolis, Minnesota and Dr. Madison,Madison did the coil.

I wish you the best,don't be afraid.
miimi
gabrielli is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote