View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Yes, mix it in....

Our cats really love Eukanuba... the older type. The newer
natural selection is less desirable to them.

There is some odor/flavor technology that really addicts them quickly. But if the pellets are more than a day old? Well, they won't eat them anymore. So we give small amounts, and mix the new into the old, so the fresh scent is there. (they smell the same to US--but who are we? <shrugs> )

I bought two very inexpensive window suction cup bird feeders on Amazon. I am putting sunflower hearts and black oilers in them, and the cats are going bonkers with this. You have to clean the window well, to keep them up. That is the only trick.
Locally I couldn't find anything less than $25 each!

The shipping for these was quite low...and the price was less than 1/2 of what was on EBAY, so I bought two.
I have chickadees, titmice, finches, two kinds of woodpeckers and nuthatches coming every day! They are staying up well, and by choosing the right kind of seed, there is no mess.
A cup of seed is lasting 2-3 days...not expensive at all!

I have one in the living room, next to the TV, where the cats also have their cat poles, and one here above my computer.
For a very low price, we are getting alot of enjoyment, and the cats are loving it big time!

So please consider some window bird feeders for your kitties!
And for yourself too! We watched a nuthatch take an oiler sunflower seed over and over and hide it in the shingles of our neighbors house. Unbeknownst to him, the red bellied woodpecker was following him, and after the nutty hid his stash, the woodpecker went right to it and stole it! This was really mesmerizing! Competition in LIFE!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 10-26-2008 at 03:16 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
suzyqz_2007 (10-27-2008)