View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 06:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yes, B-12 was normal

I think my B-12 was around 600 but I started taking B-12 2500 mcg sublingual anyway as soon as the blood was drawn for the test. Also I started taking coQ10, vit E, B-6, folic acid and multivitamin. I will start on the omega 3 I agree this is a good idea.

I do not think dexedrine overdose would be confused with ALS but there was a recal on my medicine after I already used it so it is possible I got 2x my normal dose for two months. I think I would have to get creative to explain my EMG reaction with a dexedrine overdose at least two months ago. Possibly some ALS symptoms could have been caused by dex. overdose causing "multiple tiny lacunar infarcts in my basal ganglia" found on my MRI. If this is the case then my upper motor neuron lesion symptoms should not progress.
I will be very happy if this is the case.
Doctors do not know about the possible OD yet since I just got the recall 2 days ago. However, I did not notice any increase in heart rate over that time and I routinely check my heart rate since I started the Dexedrine.
Thanks for the response.
I will continue to investigate the Dexidrine angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Was this ever done?
Anything under 500 should be treated (many doctors still don't know this, and labs still report 200-250 as normal which it is not)

Also long term use of amphetamines, causes a depression rebound, and exhausts epinephrine levels.
It is also important to have adequate zinc intake when using amphetamines.

Anyone with neuro issues should be taking adequate omega-3 food sources or supplements. These include flax oil and fish oil. When these are low, nerves cannot maintain their myelin sheath, and also firing is changed as well as neurotransmitter receptor functions. I have an EFA thread on Vitamin forum, with more depth.
bbdavis@ucdavis.edu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote