View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 12:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarmom View Post
Having a normal EEG can be maddening when it does not really explain what is going on! My son's EEG can be normal between seizures for the most part even with the long video eegs. (we have had 7 video eegs now) He DID have some abnormalities in 5 of the 7< but they managed to try to talk themselves out of them except the last that were spikey ENOUGH (i kept saying LOOK it is the same locations EACH time down to the electrodes!! Left frontal, left temporal t7,t9, F7, F9, NOT a coincidence! anyway....

People with partial epilepsy can have normal EEGs interictally (between seizures) up to 50% of the time!
Normal driving response and within normal limits...(doctor speak, don't you love it)......sigh. I am not sure what that range is.

Hang in there!
Ginny
For Ginny:

You seem to know quite alot about the EEG's...so i pose you some questions since my dr's wont answer mine ...sighs.....i have had three now...two of which i was completely unconscious for...but all have come back normal, two were right after status events were stabilized, the last one was an inpatient video eeg....he said " we are going to establish a base line and monitor you for up to four days." i had two seizures, he releases me...and says Not only am i epileptic but im also having non epileptic seizures, mind u this dr never witnessed an epileptic seziure on the eeg...just NES...according to him. im so lost, i have three brain lesions and now they say i had to have been abused as a child and something traumatic to be having these that wont respond to the ONE med they have tried.:S Are EEG's the END ALL BE ALL of diagnosis for epileptic seizures?? do they ALWAYS detect epileptic activity? and...are they always interpeted correctly or is there room for interpetation depending on the doctor?

If I had to have a tumor this one is the best kind!!!
mamaof6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote