View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo55 View Post
on your last question - go to control panel and click the security button yourself to double check- then you will know it is the real thing if it says the same info as the pop up said.

I set my updates to just tell me when there are new ones and then I read what they are before I decide to download them by checking the box or not.
But most don't have any problems with the updates so you should be fine with them turned on.

If you are sure all your Verizon protection is running then you can turn off the XP firewall.
Jo (and anyone else who can help).

Last night was the pits. We couldn't do anything. Computer wouldn't let us do a system restore, go anywhere ....NOTHING.

I tried to run an anti spyware using my Super Professional Anti spyware software (that Verizon gave me). Couldn't get it to run.

I used Internet Explorer to go online, I went to Super Pro's website and they have FAQ's and one of them was "Why can't I get my Super Professional Spyware thing to run?"

It gave a patch to download (or something like a patch).

I did it. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I then ran the spyware for over 2 hours. It found all kinds of trojans (for example, Trojan Vundo/Next Gen (found 69 spyware thingees).

I quarantined and deleted everything.

This morning I tried to run Mozilla (this is the browser we always use). It would not load up.

I went to control panel, add and remove programs. I deleted the old firefox. I re-installed it (did this two times).

I have a mozilla icon on my desktop. I have the program on my computer. I mean IT'S THERE.

So why can't I run Mozilla?

Please, if anyone knows what else I can do.

Thanks much.

melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote