View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 01:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Use of statins withFM

I also have very high choleserol -over 400 now . It has been in the high 300's for 15 years or since they have been testing it. I refuse to take any cholesterol meds becasue of the risk of muscle pain and weakness associated with using them. Because of my FM I do not want to risk any more pain than I already am dealing with. I agree with the others on the board. Try taking niacin, red yeast rice, omega 3 and 6, etc. Check out the vitamin forum here for ideas to reduce cholesterol without drugs.
Also, my knees are now hurting. I was on my feet for a long time and overdid it and triggered off the FM in my knees and ankles. I never thought that would happen. I was feeling pretty good that day so I was on my feet much longer than normally. Who knows where this FM orRSD is going to hit next. I just now know that I am having more pain and difficulty walking than ever. Very frustrating
Good luck. Looks like we both have the same conditions FM and RSD.
Very frustrating conditions and no meds have helped either of them for me. I must live in this chronic pain daily.l I try to be cheerful but it is difficult sometimes.
Sydney
Sydney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote