View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

You didn't mention what your pain levels are on average?

Unless you are very uncomfortable and in moderate to severe pain on a daily basis most of us here would not suggest surgery yet.
Usually surgery is indicated if you have an extra cervical rib, or vascular compression that might cause clots. You didn't mention any problems with swelling of the arm or hand so I'm just going by that- that vascular is not a major issue in your case.

Scar tissue regrowth after TOS surgeries is one reason to not go into surgery too quick. {causes probs down the road}
The real expert TOS docs/surgeons are few and far between. This is not a operation that you want inexperienced surgeon to do on you.

Does anyone in your group focus on bodywork as a whole {alignment/posture}, trigger point, myofascial work/release...

Are you home with your baby? That is so great if you are able do it.

some books/authors & most have websites too-
Sharon Butler - Book - Conquering Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Other Repetitive Strain Injuries- has very good stretches for all RSI /TOS with info on posture causes and corrections. She has detailed stretching ideas to gently coax the damaged tissues to release-not to force them. website: www.selfcare4rsi.com
{ I did her TOS program many times a day even while @ work on breaks in the restroom- it is still the main thing I do at home when i start to feel any sx coming on}

Pete Egosque -his books { in most libraries} site- http://www.egoscue.com/global/where_pain.php
{ just got this book as I have some hyper mobility and get "out" of alignment quite easily - seems to be helping me feel more comfortable}
our useful info sticky link -
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread84.html
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (12-22-2008), thursday (10-30-2008)