View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 02:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmintz66 View Post
Hi Denise!
My name is Lisa and I am 41. I have been dx. with RSD in my hand and Fibro.also. I could really use a friend who knows the pain of both. Sorry it took so long but I just recently joined. Thanks, I look forward to talking to you more!
Hi Lisa,
I am so sorry that you also have both of these monsters.
I often wonder if RSD causes Fibro
What came first for you ?
For me it was the RSD. I got it after I dislocated the top of my foot, when I tripped over a child safety gate. Don't laugh it's true.
Oh go ahead it's been 9 years and even I find it funny & ironic it was a safety gate after all LOL
What happened to your hand?
How long ago was it when you were dxed with RSD?
Did you get nerve blocks for it?
Do you visit the NeuroTalk RSD forum ?
Sorry for all the questions
but I am also interested in talking to someone with both RSD and Fibro

I know how it feels for me some days it feels like a truck ran over me in my sleep,some days it feels like I am the rusty tin woman of Las Vegas.
How does it feel for you?I hope you are not in a lot of pain but if ever you need to tell someone this is a great place and you can count on me responding but sometimes it's a few days between my log ons. I like the phone better typing is not my strong point.
I am and artist not a writer so I never learned to type fast I just hunt & peck

I have only just accepted the fibro dx even though my Rheumatologist told me 2 years ago I had it. I just wanted to blame it all on RSD and still want too. Why........ well I put the RSD into remission for a while by giving my sympathetic system a chance to heal, BUT I don't know how to put fibro into remission.
The search is on.My husband bought me 2 books on fibro.I would put up the names of the books but can't remember if that goes against any Neurotalk posting rules.Mostly I have learned I have to move every hour for at least 5-10 min. So I have been setting the oven timer and then, I have to get up and stretch even though my body wants to just sit and try to not feel any pain.I just started this week and am in a lot of pain now, but it's supposed to help bring back muscle tone before you start walking or exercising.I have no muscles left they have shrunk along with my weight before all this I weighed 125-130 now I struggle to keep my weight above 100 for my health I force myself to eat as well as drink a rice protein drink but with no appetite it's hard.
The author of one of the books (a DR with Fibro herself) says you should be getting 8 hrs of good sleep before starting an exercising plan or even changing your activity level.She sounds on track to me so I will give it a try as all the meds especially Soma have me really thinking I am becoming an addict.
I wonder if there is something about muscle relaxers that perpetuate the condition??????????????
Any thoughts about this anyone?
Well this was a lot of typing for me I like to talk a lot if you do maybe we can call each other I have vonage so long distance is free if I call you.
Have A Pain Free Day & Thanks for taking the time to read this long post.
Denise R
Denise R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (11-12-2008), Doody (10-29-2008), GmaSue (01-23-2009), warbelsnap (10-29-2008)