Thread: Possible PCS?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 05:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Possible PCS?

About 10 months ago, I stoop up and hit the base of my skull against a metal bar. Although I have had a couple certain concussions in the past, this time I did not lose consciousness or vomit and continued with the workout I was doing in the weight room at the time. Ever since, I have never felt nauseated, but I have felt dazed, had a 24/7 light tension-type headache originating from the cervical region to some areas of my face, and I have felt drowsy. In some ways, it feels like I just hit my head 5 minutes ago. My neurologist has speculated that its a skeleto-muscular issue. I have had lots of physical therapy, a couple sessions of acupuncture, medications (nortriptylin, gabapentin, indomethacin), and trigger point injection with nothing helping terribly much.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I was very active before the injury and it has made me into a complete couch potato for fear that I will make things worse. Although I continue to perform well in school and neurological exams come up clean, I feel like my thoughts are a bit slow and cloudy.
MikeR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote