View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default You guys will fall off your chairs!!!!

Before I tell you what happened, I must tell you that I am a Roman Catholic, Alan is Jewish and that sums up our religious beliefs. I believe in being good to my fellow man and I try to do something nice for people every day. If I go to heaven, so be it. '

Well, several months go, Alan started to watch the Trinity Broadcast network and John Hagee ministries and he became "born again," for want of another word. He believes in Jesus and because he is Jewish, this makes him a Messianic Jew. At least I think it does.

So he tells me this morning. "I don't want to hurt your feelings but I can't buy you a Christmas present because Christmas is a pagan holiday and I follow the scripture".

I said "I massage your thighs so you can follow any scripture you want to but Christmas in this house means presents"

He then said "and you can't put up any Christmas decorations on the windows" and I said "why on earth not?" He said "because it says in the bible, "do not put up any graven images".

So I look at him and I immediately go to the phone and call the number for Pastor Hagee Ministries (I wanted to get their views on Christmas so why not go to the horse's mouth (so to speak).

So this very nice young man answers the phone with "Bless you and thank you for calling Cornerstone Church". (that's Pastor Hagee's church).

I told him why I was calling and that my husband has told me I can't put up christmas decorations and then I asked "Does Pastor Hagee's ministries forbid celebrating Christmas".??? And he responds as such:

"Of course we celebrate Christmas, but if your husband told you that you can't put up window decorations, you must obey your husband". I then said 'WHAT??" He continued: "It says in the bible "women, submit to your husbands". I said "I should submit to who????" "are you serious?"

He goes "oh absolutely, you see your husband is the King, the Prince, the Pastor and the Head of your household". I said "really? so THAT'S why I massage his thighs every night before he goes to bed!!!, he's the king!!!"

And the guy actually says "that's right, you must obey his word and his wishes and even though he's wrong about christmas decorations, you must obey him"

I said "listen honey, in this household, there are no kings, no princes, no heads of anything , we do things together".

He said "what faith do you have, what is your religion?" I said "I was baptized a Roman Catholic and he goes "Oh, no wonder you feel like you do, you were raised in pagan society, with pagan views".

So I said "well, if I think I'm equal to this man, call me a pagan anytime."

I said "Bless you, I hope your wife continues to submit to you but it's not happening in this house".

I then walk into the living room where Alan was sitting down and I explained that if he thinks he's the king, the prince and the head of this household, he's got another thing coming".

He looks at me bewildered and says: "What on earth are you talking about?"

I then repeated the conversation with the guy and Alan fell off the couch.

He said 'But Melody, Pastor Hagee says I'm the king of this house".

Don't ask what I answered him........

finished laughing yet???????

mel

P.S. any fellow pagans out there???

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 11-18-2006 at 04:56 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote