View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 07:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It sounds like rsd to me. The reasons, the dark red color of the skin, the hardness you describe is due to the swelling forgot the technical name for it, the sensitivity to touch, decreased rom most like due to the swelling, last but not least the severe pain and burning, oh and lesions are also a rsd thing too. Weird hair/nail growth as well. It's always good to go get lesions checked just to make sure it's not due to something else.

I'm not a doc of course, but that's just my opinion based on what you've said here. Have you seen a pain doc? Have you been dx by a doc? If no then you should find a doc who knows rsd and get in to see him/her soon. You have so much going on at once and there can certainly be a cross over.

Rsd quite often is horrific then calms down. Anything can make the pain go up, weather, barometer changes, cold, heat, stress, etc. I have good days and bad. Sometimes it'll start out bad and then calm down later on. Not being able to sleep is something we all deal with. Rather hard to sleep with all that pain! lol I've had rsd since feb of 2003 and I have it everywhere except my chest,neck and face. I find it easier to list where it's not. LOL

If you have any other question ask away. We're here to help!

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote