View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 12:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default supplements for PN

I just stumbled on to this site yesterday and am so excited at, what seems like, the first real hope for my sometimes unbearable pain. I am up to 1500 mg. of Neuronton with only minimal relief. Before giving my PN story, can I just cut to the chase and ask for a complete list of the supplements you take? What dosages do you recommend? And at what times of day? With or without meals? Have you or anyone else written up a supplement plan that works? Thanks in advance for someone's, hopefully, speedy response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaJane View Post
My neuropathy began in 1996. By 1999 I had two abnormal EMGs. I think had a bunch of other abnormals. I went to Mayo and had more abnormals.

Today I had an EMG as preparation for spinal surgery and the sensory nerves were normal. I haven't gotten the final report, but he neurologist who did the test said all nerves were normal, except my peroneal, which have never been normal. I do have a new L5 radiculopathy with denervation of the L5 muscles on the left, but it's not new enough to be causing my pain. (that's from the spine)

After seeing the results, one of the neuros said: That means the original diagnosis was wrong, and you never had neuropathy!

Yah, right. I told them I had learned how to care for it--the secret is feeding the mitochondria needed to grow axons (CoQ10, acetyl L carnitine) and taking antioxidants to keep inflammation from causing harm. In addition, keep using the muscles, whether you feel them or not. That was the secret I learned on this forum.

And really, my symptoms are so small compared to 10 years ago. Yes, they're not gone, but they are not that significant.

It can be done. If you've got an idiopathic small fiber neuropathy, or long fiber, and don't have an ongoing CIDP or Sjogren's picture, your peripheral nerves can heal.
KyPain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote