Thread: The Mime
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 09:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Time

Day after day, the same items, plus a few more, continued to appear on my honey-do list. At about the same time that the list was taunting me with 20 items, I read an article concerning a problem that many people with Parkinson's disease have with organizational skills. It suggested that the individual should concentrate on only one thing at a time, accomplish that task completely and then move on to another task. "Ah ha, that's it!" I thought. I proceeded to explain the situation to my wife, who seemed to understand my dilemma. We agreed that my honey-do list should contain only one item at a time.

The next morning I made my way to the kitchen counter to see which item I was to tackle that day. Astonished does not even begin to explain how I felt as my eyes fixed on the assigned spot for my honey-do list. What met my gaze was 20 honey-do lists, each containing one item. As goes the famous line from the movie Cool Hand Luke, "What we have here is a failure to communicate." I got a good laugh out of the situation, and that is about all I accomplished that day. Any suggestions?

michael

Thanks, Mary, Paula and Joan
michael7733 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-21-2012)