View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 01:03 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegot5kiz View Post
hello Mom ldn is lose dose naltraxone, it is not the same as the dose used for ex junkies which tends to be in 50 mg increments. LDN is a dose that starts at 1.5 mg and will range to 4.5 mg. for some reason the low dose works, one draw back is pain meds may not be a good idea because the opiates in LDN can inhibit the pain meds and you could end up taking too much pain meds cause they are not working. That being said Aleve works wonders. I am on it and am happy about it so far and was able to stop 5 or 6 meds with pain meds included

here is the link to the thread and it has some links within to direct you to a web page or two about LDN

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread50240-54.html

the thread is at the top of this forum, in case you had not found it by now

A major problem with this med seems to be the neuro's themselves, number of them have no idea about it and others immediately think of the junkie dose saying whooooaa nelly

hope some of this helps

peace

Say what, Frank? LDN doesn't contain opiates! It is totally non-addictive. (Wait a minute, what street corner do you get yours from?)

"What is naltrexone? -- Naltrexone is a medication that blocks the effects of drugs known as opioids (a class that includes morphine, heroin or codeine). It competes with these drugs for opioid receptors in the brain."

Why don't you tell Brenda how you are the one on LDN who still takes Copaxone too?

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!

Last edited by Twinkletoes; 10-31-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (10-31-2008), mom2five (10-31-2008), SallyC (11-04-2008)