View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 09:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sydney~
Glad to have you here! You've officially been adopted! *DOINK* (That was me hitting your head with an adopting wand-like thinggy.) OK, so we don't have one, but maybe we should.....

Crimeny, I'm 50 years old and I just realized that I've never written, let alone spoken the word *DOINK* before. Well, it might be in some dictionary someplace....

Big hug for ya Sydney! A lot of us here are in chronic pain also, so we feel your pain. We may not have your exact conditions honey, but pain just sucks!

I also know it hurts like he!! to walk, or exercise, but do what you can. I also have Fibro with a host of other crap, so we're rowing the same boat there. We need to keep what muscles we have moving so they don't atrophy. As you know, once they do that, they're gone.

What we do as a group, when we exercise is do what we can. Some of us take a virtual walk at noon Eastern, putting on lipstick so we can be BABES. We imagine the group walking anywhere we want that day.(Wally's World, the beach etc.) We walk as long as we can--some 30 minutes, some 5 minutes. Some do water exercising, chair exercising, or arm exercising. Whatever YOU can do.

The other gals gave you some good advice and tips for foods. I would also add trying a blender for some low cal foods. Let the blender do your chewing--as fine as need be.

Anyway, I'm glad you're here and I look forward to learning more about you! There is a sticky where you could tell us a little about you, if/when you feel comfortable. Take care, and we'll be talking!
Hugs,
LS (Little Sister to BS-aka nancy-h--on here--she's older than me )